Acne PicThe goal of laser skin resurfacing is simple: To replace damaged skin with new, fresh skin. Techniques for skin resurfacing have made enormous scientific advances in the last year, allowing almost everyone to achieve close to flawless complexions. Laser resurfacing allows for light, or moderate, or deep laser resurfacing. But, in addition to reforming the surface layers of the skin, the laser resurfacing also allows for deep penetration, collagen remodeling, making this treatment the most essential and effective for skin tightening, wrinkle removal and collagen stimulation.
The primary targets of laser skin resurfacing include:
* Fine lines and wrinkles of the face
* Loose eyelid skin
* Crows feet around the eyes
* Pucker marks ("Smokers' lines"...even if you never smoked) and frown lines
* Sun damage, brown spots and splotchy, uneven skin tone
* Scars...especially fabulous results with acne scars
* Loose skin around the neck and jowls
* In fact, patients may elect to have this treatment, not only on the face, but
chest, arms, hands, or any other body part.
Our laser resurfacing system, delivers thousands of tiny laser pulses in a pattern over the skin. Each pulse heats a column of tissue eliminating pigment discolorations at the surface and creating a zone of heating deep in the tissue. Unique to our laser , these zones of heating shrink collagen and tighten the skin immediately. This laser also offers the benefits of heating deeper layers of skin tissue, thereby stimulating collagen remodeling, which over time, tightens the skin further. Patients have reported experiencing continuing benefit from this procedure for up to 12 months afterwards.